I’ve been giving some thought to shipping the artist mannequin if I ever do get to where I can sell it. The last thing I want is for it to get damaged in transit.
At first I thought I could just design some foam inserts and have them 3D printed. I should have researched that before I spent half a day on the computer building them. Doesn’t seem to be a viable process.
I took a break from designing foam inserts and focused on creating an idea for the box. While doing that, I came up with the name ’Skelaquin’. It’s just the words ’skeleton’ and ’mannequin’ combined. I decided to try and register it with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. After submitting the forms, I realized I probably should have spelled it ’Skelequin’. Oh well.
The box is looking okay for now. I will mull it over more later.
I decided to try and make some molds for the foam inserts myself. I know you can purchase 2-part liquid foam that can be mixed and then poured into a mold.
I used foamcore board and hot glue to create the preliminary forms. I will probably cast them and create a more durable mold out of silicone.
I must ponder this some more before deciding on a method.