The new pelvis still came out with a portion of the right side missing even after tightening all sides of the mold with rubber bands. Upon further investigation I realized the pour hole was lower than the side that was missing. So I built a triangular platform to slant the mold and decided to pour all the parts again (can’t have too many). It looked like I needed a new fibula bone because the one I had was missing the screw hole for the ankle (I must have forgot to insert the screw in the mold). I mixed up more resin and poured all the parts, put them in the pressure chamber, filled it with air, and let it sit for 3 hours. After pulling all the parts they all looked pretty good. The new pelvis part was intact. Now I need to focus on getting the rest of the parts made while I’m waiting for new silicone to arrive.

By Cody Deegan

Cody Deegan is a life-long artist versed in drawing, painting, sculpting, and design. He studied filmmaking and character animation at the California Institute of the Arts in Los Angeles as well as figurative oil painting at the Gage Academy of Art in Seattle.

Leave a Reply