I ordered a new shelving unit with bins and it arrived today. Putting it together was mildly annoying – getting halfway through and realizing I’d put some of the shelves on backwards and then having to take the entire thing apart to fix it. But when it was assembled I was very happy to get all my supplies up off the floor and into bins.
I wasn’t able to start painting today until about 4:30pm, and I was kind of forcing myself to make some progress. I felt like I was rushing just a bit, but at the same time I felt maybe that was a good thing because maybe I was putting in too much detail at this stage. By 8pm I was done for the night, having gotten the cape, the boots, and the shirt blocked in, plus some color in the mirror. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be a little more into it and try to get the hat, trinkets on the dresser, and the corset buttons done. I’m saving the skin for last.
I did shoot some video today but I think after a few progress videos they kind of lose their appeal, so I’m not posting today’s video. Maybe at the end I’ll create a condensed version of the entire process and just show moments which lead up to the final piece.