I’ve put a little more time, money, and effort into my artist mannequin project. The dining room table where he was created has been an absolute disaster – stained with epoxy resins, gouges from tools, paint spatters. If I’m going to be assembling skeletons then I should have a nice work surface. So I sanded the tabletop down and repainted it black. Then I oil painted the skeleton on it. Once it is dry to the touch in a few days I will pour clear epoxy resin over it to make a shiny hard surface to work on.
Since my dining room has always been the development room for the Skelaquin project, I decided to hang some storage bins on the wall for all the parts. I created an inventory spreadsheet and learned that my artist mannequin is made up of 186 parts. This realization made me feel much better about the high price tag that I will have to attach to it.
The Creative Aging Grant has processed, so now I need to order all the art supplies for the 15 students who will be attending my drawing class in less than a month.