My second skeleton model is almost assembled. I accidentally ordered two left femurs so I took the opportunity to redesign the femur a bit so that the steel ball magnet fits it better. I ordered a left and a right this time and they should be here soon.
I also have some mold-making materials on the way so I can start creating the muscle molds. Last week I had started sculpting some arm muscles out of clay. It was difficult because every muscle had to be sculpted in its contracted state. I have no idea how they will all lay out on the skeleton once I have them made in silicone.
I reached out to a few companies about adhesives. Silicone is very difficult to bond, and the nylon polymer parts are also tricky. A company called Permabond got back to me and suggested a couple of their products. I ordered them and will see how well they work.
The computer skeleton model is just about finished. I started designing a packaging box for it. My next blog post might not be for another week, but it should be about my progress with creating the muscles.