I got hired by the high school to create artwork for their State Champions girl’s basketball team a few days ago, so that project has been consuming most of my time.
The last molds came out alright, but after much thought I decided they needed to be redone. I had created the barrier through the center of the magnet cavity on the ulna bone part, and the resulting mold seemed very flimsy and unreliable in that area.
I got more parts ready and poured their first sides. Those all actually came out really good. I also ordered an air compressor and a pressure chamber. By the time they arrive I should be ready to pour some resin into the molds and create the actual parts. The pressure chamber is going to need a few modifications because it is built to be used for spraying paint. I wanted one that was just for casting resin, but those ones seem to cost about $400 more.
I still have to sculpt all the parts for the left side of the skeleton, the clavicles, and the skull. I also need to design and build fingers, and I have to make another femur since the last one got screwed up.