I mixed up the silicone really good with some tongue depressors and set the mixing cup in the vacuum chamber. I fired up the vacuum compressor and was surprised how quiet it was. It took me a moment to figure out the valves but once I did the vacuum gauge shot up and within moments the silicone started to rise. Before it could crest the top of the mixing cup, I opened the release valve and the silicone sank. I repeated this process four times before it stopped rising. I left it alone for another minute then shut off the pump and the intake valve. I waited another minute then released the outtake valve. My first degassing procedure was complete.
I took the mixing cup and carefully began filling up my clay barriers where the parts were enclosed. It must be a good day because I had mixed up the perfect amount of silicone. There was none left over and each barrier was filled perfectly. I felt no rush or stress while pouring because I had purchased the slow-cure silicone. It takes 45-minutes to set.
I’ll check on them after work in a few hours and tear the walls down and remove the parts. Then I’ll probably mix up some resin and attempt to pour the parts this evening if there’s time.