I filled the vacuum compressor up with oil and was opening the two-part silicone canisters when I decided to stop. It was 9pm and I felt like I was rushing. I hadn’t even reviewed how long to keep the silicone in the vacuum chamber yet.
I spent the previous few hours rebuilding all the parts from yesterday. I felt like I had rushed them as well so I rebuilt them, then I baked them in the oven so they would harden. After a few episodes of Game of Thrones with my kid, I checked all the pieces for fit and needed to do some sanding and cutting on them. Super-sculpey breaks real easily after baking I found out. I think I broke each piece multiple times while prepping them for molds. I used super glue to get them back together.
I suspended the pieces on stiff wire and built up clay walls around them to contain the silicone when I pour. Once that was done I got anxious.
I’m glad I stopped though. I should probably get all the parts built (these are only for the left side) so that I can pour everything all at once. But then again, it might be good to just do this small amount to see how well it all comes out. That way if there are any issues, I won’t have wasted the extra materials.
So I guess I will pour the first molds tomorrow.