I had a rough go on this first cast pour. The resin sets up in about 3 minutes after mixing. I had put the molds in the microwave for a minute and I forgot I had copper wires holding things together. Copper and microwaves are an interesting mix. Luckily the smoke and burning smell subsided rather quickly. I inserted bolts into the molds so that threads would be cast into the part. I started to pour the resin and it began seeping out the holes where I had the bolts. I should have sealed up the ends. In my haste to seal the ends with clay, the resin set up and this session was officially over.
After 10 minutes I pulled out the parts I did get poured. Only one part was a success – the knee cap. The upper elbow joint was almost good, so that gave me hope that another try would probably yield good results. After work today I will try again.